Subject: Rotterdam Convention: Invitation for comments on the draft DGD for mercury by 19 March 2024
From: "Kei Ohno Woodall" <[email-masked]>
To: "Kei Ohno Woodall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2024 21:59:11 +0200

Dear Sir/Madam,

Please find attached a letter inviting comments on the draft decision
guidance document for mercury, prepared by the intersessional drafting
group established by the Rotterdam Convention Chemical Review Committee.

The nineteeth meeting of the Chemical Review Committee was held from 3 to
6 October 2023. The meeting report is available on the Convention’s
website <http://www.pic.int/crc19> .

At the meeting, the Committee adopted decision CRC-19/4, by which it
adopted the rationale for the Committee’s conclusion that the
notifications of final regulatory action submitted by Colombia and the
European Union in respect of mercury in the industrial category met the
criteria of Annex II to the Convention and recommended that the Conference
of the Parties list mercury in Annex III to the Convention as an
industrial chemical. In accordance with the workplan adopted at the
meeting, the intersessional drafting group has prepared a draft decision
guidance document for mercury.

The Chemical Review Committee members and observers, inlcuding Parties to
the Convention, are invited to review the attached draft and submit
comments by e-mail to the Secretariat at [email-masked]
<mailto:[email-masked]>  by 19 March 2024.

For your reference, the working paper on preparing internal proposals and
decision guidance documents for banned and severely restricted chemicals
is also attached.

If you have any questions regarding this invitation, please contact the
Secretariat.

Kind regards,

Kei

---

Kei Ohno Woodall

Secretariat of the Basel, Rotterdam and Stockholm Conventions

United Nations Environment Programme

Office address: 11-13, chemin des Anémones, 1219 Châtelaine, Genève,
Switzerland

Postal address: c/o Avenue de la Paix 8-14, 1211 Genève 10, Switzerland

Tel.: +41 22 506 85 22

Email:  <mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]